Moving on to goals 5,6, &7 of my 19 goals of 2019. (Find the full list here)
5) Increase my Veggie Intake
I think this is pretty self-explanatory. I don’t eat enough fruits and veggies and need to change that. I plan on making a conscious effort to include a serving or two at every meal and have ready to eat fruits or veggies on hand for snacks as well.
6) Send Birthday Cards to siblings, parents, nieces, and nephews.
I’m ashamed to say that I’m TERRIBLE at this. I really want to be a thoughtful family member, but to be honest, it just doesn’t come naturally to me. I don’t remember birthdays and even when I remember one is coming up, it’s always when I’m at work or driving and can’t actually act on it. I need to put processes in place to let my loved ones know I’m thinking about them.
Actions Steps to achieve this goal:
- Buy or Make cards for the whole year before the end of January (we have a nephew’s bday at the end of the month.)
- Make sure all addresses are in my phone contacts, if not, add them.
- Pre-address the envelopes.
- Pre-Buy small gift cards for the nieces and nephews.
- Make sure we have plenty of postage stamps on hand.
- Add reminders to my planner and google calendar for one week before each birthday.
We got new flooring LAST January. That involved pulling up and replacing the quarter round in most of the house. It’s not been touched since the installation. I’ve spent a full year dreading this task but also hating that it’s not finished. It’s embarrassing that I’ve let it go this long.
Action Steps to achieve this goal:
- Scrape any old caulk from the baseboards.
- Spackle/Caulk all nail holes, gaps, seams, etc
- Sand and clean up from step 2.
- Find a piece of trim I can easily remove to take to the store to color match paint.
- Buy paint, tarps, and LOTS of painters tape.
- Paint, clean up and breathe a sigh of relief.
Any big projects that you’ve been putting off for way too long?