To see the full list of my 19 in 2019 goals click here.
8) Open an Investment Account
Along with Goal 1 this is some financial housekeeping to push me closer to my early retirement goals.
Action Steps to reach my Goal:
- Do research to choose where to invest.
- Do research to choose what to invest in.
- Decide what amount of money and how frequently to invest.
- Open the account and set up automatic deposits.
9) Work toward a 5am Wakeup
This is the first step in many to improve my fitness. I know from past experience that the only way I’ll fit exercise into my day is to do it in the morning. The problem is, I HATE mornings. I really struggle to get up early. My goal is to slowly push my wakeup time earlier and earlier until I’m waking no later than 5:15. At first I will use this time to make myself better breakfasts and just not have to rush so much in the mornings. But once it’s early enough, I will implement some sort of exercise.
10) Be active at least 3 times per week.
Are we seeing a theme with number 9?
Action steps to achieve this goal:
- Leave a pair of sneakers at the office so that I can walk during lunch or breaks when my workload allows.
- Plan family activities that are more active. (Hikes, walks, swimming, yoga with my daughter, etc)
- Schedule long dog walks into my week.
- Try to start off Saturdays with lifting weights, yoga, etc.
- Schedule these activities on my planner and make them a priority!
Anyone else trying to kick the couch potato habit?