It’s time to revisit my goal list again. I’ve got just under 6 months left until my 40th bday which is when this list “expires”
Train well and finish the Rock n Roll Lex Half Marathon. (I’m already registered and have sort of started training.) There was a change in the race and I’ve made the decision to step back from the half marathon and instead run the 7 mile option. I can’t say I’ve “trained well” but I have gotten back on the training wagon and if I continue for the next month I should be in okay shape for the race.Well, i didn’t do it. No excuses, I stopped training, so i didn’t run the race. I don’t really have much to say about this one.
- Take a family trip to ________. I’m thinking just a weekend or long weekend trip. Not a full on vacation. Chicago or DC come to mind, Chicago is much closer and would be easiest. We’ll see. Still no definite plans on this, but I’m leaning toward a Chicago trip, maybe in the early fall?
- Run in at least three 5k races. I ran a 5 miler on New Year’s Day. I am organizing a group of alumni from my high school to all run a 5k together this fall. Need to choose at least one more to do.
- Take a cooking class. Hubby and I were signed up for one, then got stomach bug, we have already paid for it, so we’ll definitely go in the next couple of months.
- Take a trip with Sam (my awesome hubby.) I really don’t care where, but a few days of quality time with no chores or parenting duties would be like heaven. YAY! We’ve planned a weekend getaway for just the two of us. Got tickets for a concert and have arranged for my sweet momma to come and watch the kiddo.
- Get home to visit each of my parents at least 3 times. I’ve seen them each twice so far and already have plans to be back in town at least two more times before my bday. high fives for me.
- Take part in some sort of artistic class or event. No progress yet. I need to google on this one this month.
- Host a dinner party or two. No progress yet, need to get on this!
- Work on my pathetic push ups. Train to be able to do 10 good push ups. I kind of half-assed this in December, but definitely not there yet. Maybe a goal for this summer? Yep, a goal for the summer.
- Spend a silly amount of money on a pair of shoes I love. (I’ve NEVER done this, I’m usually way too practical.) Not yet.
- Go to at least one concert. I have tickets for early August!
- Attend at least one play or musical. I’ve attended one with Skylar, and have tickets for a few more. Ya, i kind of kicked this goal’s butt.
- REALLY for real work on getting a 5k time that doesn’t put me in danger of finishing last. I am going to really train for the fall 5k that I’m doing with old classmates, but I need to get started!!!
- Plan at least 6 fun mommy/daughter dates with my little SkyBaby. We’ve already had 5 mommy/daughter dates and will definitely get in several more before my bday.
I’m pleased that I’ve made some progress on this list since my last update!
What I’d like to work on in the next month to make progress on this list:
- Plan a dinner party for sometime in the next few months. (This was my goal the last two update posts too, whoops!)
- Get working on my 5k training.
- Research some sort of artistic or creative class I can take.
- Push ups baby!
Are you working toward your goals?