Well, it’s been awhile, so I figured it’s time to revisit my 14 by 40 goal list. I’ve got 9 months left until my 40th bday which is when this list “expires”
Train well and finish the Rock n Roll Lex Half Marathon. (I’m already registered and have sort of started training.)There was a change in the race and I’ve made the decision to step back from the half marathon and instead run the 7 mile option. I can’t say I’ve “trained well” but I have gotten back on the training wagon and if I continue for the next month I should be in okay shape for the race.
- Take a family trip to ________. I’m thinking just a weekend or long weekend trip. Not a full on vacation. Chicago or DC come to mind, Chicago is much closer and would be easiest. We’ll see. No Progress on this one just yet.
- Run in at least three 5k races. I ran a 5 miler on New Year’s Day. I am organizing a group of alumni from my highschool to all run a 5k together this fall. Need to choose at least one more to do.
- Take a cooking class. No progress yet.
- Take a trip with Sam (my awesome hubby.) I really don’t care where, but a few days of quality time with no chores or parenting duties would be like heaven. I don’t have anything scheduled yet, but I think I know where we will go, not telling yet though 😉
- Get home to visit each of my parents at least 3 times. I’ve seen them each once so far. Yikes, I need to get on this!
- Take part in some sort of artistic class or event. No progress yet. I need to google on this one this month.
- Host a dinner party or two. No progress yet, need to get on this!
- Work on my pathetic push ups. Train to be able to do 10 good push ups. I kind of half-assed this in December, but definitely not there yet. Maybe a goal for this summer?
- Spend a silly amount of money on a pair of shoes I love. (I’ve NEVER done this, I’m usually way too practical.) Not yet.
- Go to at least one concert. Not yet. I lamely want to go to the NKOTB/98 degrees/Boyz to Men concert, but the tix are gonna be hard to get and expensive!
- Attend at least one play or musical. I’ve attended one with Skylar, and have tickets for a few more.
- REALLY for real work on getting a 5k time that doesn’t put me in danger of finishing last. I am going to really train for the fall 5k that I’m doing with old classmates.
- Plan at least 6 fun mommy/daughter dates with my little SkyBaby. 1 down, 1 planned for next weekend, and 3 more to go after that.
I haven’t moved forward much on this since my last update. I need to revisit this list more often to get a fire lit under my arse.
What I’d like to work on in the next month to make progress on this list:
- Plan a dinner party for sometime in the next few months. (This was my goal last time too, whoops!)
- Plan and make reservations for a trip with Sam. (Another repeat goal.)
- Work hard at keeping with my 7 miler training program.
- Research what sort of cooking classes are available locally.
Are you working toward your goals?