Bit by bit

I’m chugging along with my training.   This week again I have three 2 mile runs on the schedule.  My plan for the week was Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Tuesday morning came way too early and my snooze button was my friend.  So no early morning run that day.  Then I was going to go to run with The West Sixth Running Club.  I’ve never run with the group before, but it sounds super fun.  (Plus you get a free soft pretzel post run!)  But for several reasons, none of which are really that good, I didn’t go.

Wednesday morning I finally got my butt out of bed and on the treadmill.  Have I mentioned how much I really HATE the treadmill?  My daughter would totally be telling on me right now for using the word hate if she were reading this… Anyway, I grabbed my daughter’s preschool version of an mp3 player and listened to kidz bop while I got my sweat on.  It was pretty much torture.  I didn’t want to mess with headphones when I’m in the house, but my play list on my phone isn’t 7 year old friendly, and I knew my mini-me would be up eating breakfast and getting ready for school before I was finished on the treadmill.

I forgot to take my inhaler and I could tell.  I’ll try not to do that again, I actually had to take a quick break at one point to catch my breath.

I again tried to push myself to not walk too much and to up my pace a little.   I seriously was sweating BUCKETS.

The blurriest picture ever of a stationary object.

The blurriest picture ever of a stationary object.

I increased my speed slightly from my last 2 mile treadmill run, but I was hoping for more.  I really ran out of steam toward the end.

Today I’m off of work.  I let hubby sleep in and I got my daughter up, fed, ready for school, and on the bus by 7.  I was even all dressed to go for a run right away.  But, I didn’t, I wanted to wait for hubby to wake up to see if he wanted to go with me.  By the time he woke up I had been fulled absorbed into the time suck of my laptop/Facebook/pinterest/etc.  So I f’d that up.  It rained and it’s still wet out, not so wet that I COULDN’T run, but enough that it really makes me not want to.  I have promised myself that I WILL do two miles today before I go to bed.  It may be in the form of a walk with hubby while our kiddo is at piano lessons or it may be a dreadmill run, but I PROMISE I’ll do it!


Tell me what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s