It’s been just a little over a month since I turned 39 years old. Let’s take a look at what progress (if any) I’ve made toward my 14 by 40 goals list.
Train well and finish the Rock n Roll Lex Half Marathon. (I’m already registered and have sort of started training.)Well, this has changed. There was a change in the race and I’ve made the decision to step back from the half marathon and instead run the 7 mile option. I’m actually really happy with this decision and I’ve even set up a training plan with a running coach.
- Take a family trip to ________. I’m thinking just a weekend or long weekend trip. Not a full on vacation. Chicago or DC come to mind, Chicago is much closer and would be easiest. We’ll see. No Progress on this one just yet.
- Run in at least three 5k races. I’m running a 5 miler today which I’ll count toward this, I’m considering another 5k in February as well.
- Take a cooking class. No progress yet.
- Take a trip with Sam (my awesome hubby.) I really don’t care where, but a few days of quality time with no chores or parenting duties would be like heaven. I don’t have anything scheduled yet, but I think I know where we will go, not telling yet though 😉
- Get home to visit each of my parents at least 3 times. I’ve seen them each once so far.
- Take part in some sort of artistic class or event. No progress yet.
- Host a dinner party or two. No progress yet, need to get on this!
- Work on my pathetic push ups. Train to be able to do 10 good push ups. I kind of half-assed this in December, but definitely not there yet.
- Spend a silly amount of money on a pair of shoes I love. (I’ve NEVER done this, I’m usually way too practical.) Not yet.
- Go to at least one concert. Not yet.
- Attend at least one play or musical. I’ve attended one with Skylar, and have tickets for a few more.
- REALLY for real work on getting a 5k time that doesn’t put me in danger of finishing last. This will start in April, after my 7 miler.
- Plan at least 6 fun mommy/daughter dates with my little SkyBaby. 1 down, at least 5 more to go 🙂
I have to say, i’m pretty happy with my progress so far. When I decided to do an update on this I was thinking I hadn’t done anything at all yet, but I’ve actually got a bit of progress on there.
What I’d like to work on in the next month to make progress on this list:
- Plan a dinner party for sometime in the next few months.
- Plan and make reservations for a trip with Sam.
- Start working on push ups
- Have at least one mommy/daughter date with Sky.
- Work hard at keeping with my 7 miler training program.
so, what’s up with you?