As I mentioned in my last post, I sort of screwed up my last 4 week challenge. But I’m not gonna give up! I don’t consider it a complete failure. I did have just shy of three solid weeks of goal meeting before I just fell to crap.
So, I’ve created a new challenge for me. It will start Saturday and last the entire month of December.
I like alliteration, so it’s the December Dozen. 12 habits to work into my life.
- Run at least 3 times a week. (I ALWAYS struggle with this…)
- Walk at least 1 time per week. (I’ve not taken walks in a LONG time, I can get a mile in easily during a break at work.)
- Drink 8 cups of water per day. (To minimize my soda consumption…i’ve got a coca-cola problem…)
- Stay away from the fast food drivethru on the way to work. (UGH! It’s so gross, it’s so bad for me, but it’s so EASY.)
- Do a plank at least 5 times a week. I’ll be shooting for 60 second planks. (My core is non-existent)
- Squats 3 times/week. (Any suggestions for how many reps/sets for a weakling?)
- Bicep curls 3 times/week. (2-3 sets of 12-15)
- Bank 30 miles of running or walking for the month. (IF I keep up with #1 above, I should have no problem with this.)
- Pack my lunch at least 3 times a week. (I eat out WAY too often.)
- Pushups 3 times/week. (OMG, I SUCK at these…)
- Triceps 3 times/week
- Situps 3 times/week. (Not sure how many yet. I’ll need to fine tune. Suggestions? Again, for someone that’s a weakling.)
I’m a total dork, so I created the little sheet above. I think if you double click on it you can see it larger? I printed it out on 11×17 (inch) paper so it’s easy to see. I’ll cross out one of the decorations for each completed item. (There’s a key at the bottom of the sheet so i know what each decoration represents.)
I’m obviously no graphic designer, I just wanted something visual for myself so i have a big reminder. It will hang right by the door into our garage, an area I walk by multiple times a day. So it should work as a constant reminder.
If at the end of the year I’ve completed ALL of the goals, this chick is getting a massage!!! So wish me luck!