A bit over a week ago i turned 39. (I wrote a bit about it here. https://schleppin.wordpress.com/2012/11/20/birthday/
I had decided that I needed a list of things to accomplish by my 40th birthday. I’ve thought long and hard about it and here’s my list.
- Train well and finish the Rock n Roll Lex Half Marathon. (I’m already registered and have sort of started training.)
- Take a family trip to ________. I’m thinking just a weekend or long weekend trip. Not a full on vacation. Chicago or DC come to mind, Chicago is much closer and would be easiest. We’ll see.
- Run in at least three 5k races.
- Take a cooking class.
- Take a trip with Sam (my awesome hubby.) I really don’t care where, but a few days of quality time with no chores or parenting duties would be like heaven.
- Get home to visit each of my parents at least 3 times.
- Take part in some sort of artistic class or event.
- Host a dinner party or two.
- Work on my pathetic pushups. Train to be able to do 10 good pushups.
- Spend a silly amount of money on a pair of shoes I love. (I’ve NEVER done this, I’m usually way too practical.)
- Go to at least one concert.
- Attend at least one play or musical.
- REALLY for real work on getting a 5k time that doesn’t put me in danger of finishing last.
- Plan at least 6 fun mommy/daughter dates with my little SkyBaby.
I like this list, it’s a nice mix of challenges and just fun stuff. I hate that i have to make myself a list with a deadline to do some of these fun things, but if that’s what it takes, so be it.
So do you have any sort of bucket list? What goals do you have for the next year?